Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, January 3, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Released Date: March 27, 2007
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Pages: Hardcover (485 pages)
Age Group: Young Adult
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1
Genre: Fantasy
Author Website: http://www.cassandraclare.com/
Overall Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)

Description: When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end


Book Trailer:


Memorable Quotes:

"Don't order any of the faerie food," said Jace, looking at her over the top of his menu. "It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not." he added hastily, "that this has ever happened to me."

"Declarations of love are amusing. Especially when unrequited."

"Where there is love, there is often also hate. They can exist side by side."

"A diary with no drawings of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance covers?"

My Musings: I absolutely love this series. Cassandra Clare has amazing skills at describing the characters and all of their vast surroundings. Most may have problems with her writing style for all of her indepth descriptions, but I have found them to be essential in bringing the reader into the story.

Jace is such an amazing character. His lines make me laugh out loud and it is impossible not to fall in love with his bad boy personality.

Clary is a little spit fire. I love how is always ready to put Jace in his place and her passion to save her mother. I hate weak female characters and she is anything but not.

Magnus is probably my favorite side character. His outrageous clothing style and witty lines make him an unforgetable person.

Overall, this book made me hungry to continue to read the series, so that I may discover what is up next for each of the characters. I am so excited that this series is being made into the movie. I hope they pick the perfect Jace.

Cover Art: Who doesn't love a cover with a guy shirtless??? I know I do. I would give this cover a definite five stars if it were up to me...lol

Reading Order:
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
City of Heavenly Fire

1 comments:

Julie said...

I bought this one for Not-So-Bebe-Girl Autumn's Christmas book box last year, and she quickly NEEDED the next two (of course, I read them as well and enjoyed them). This year, her book box included Clockwork Angel - I can't wait for her to finish so I can read it! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...