Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Released Date: September 21, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: Hardcover (352 pages)
Age Group: Young Adult
Series: The Replacement #1
Genre: Fantasy
Author Website: www.brennayovanoff.com
Overall Rating: (4 out of 5 stars)

Description: Mackie Doyle seems like everyone else in the perfect little town of Gentry, but he is living with a fatal secret - he is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now the creatures under the hill want him back, and Mackie must decide where he really belongs and what he really wants.

A month ago, Mackie might have told them to buzz off. But now, with a budding relationship with tough, wounded, beautiful Tate, Mackie has too much to lose. Will love finally make him worthy of the human world.


Book Trailer:


Memorable Quotes:

"Do you really want to know where we come from?" she said. "In every century, in every country, they'll call us something different. They'll say we're ghosts, angels, demons, elemental spirits, and giving us a name doesn't help anybody. When did a name change what someone is?"

My Musings: The Replacement is made up of all things that are ugly...which by the author's standards, that is a great compliment :)

Mackie was such an enjoyable character to encounter. I felt that I could really relate to his awkwardness, and his desire to be accepted for who he is by his classmates and his family.

I really enjoyed the interactions between Mackie and his sister. They truly had each other's back no matter the cost. The love and fierceness between them made me keep coming back for more.

The only reason I gave this book 4 stars was because of Tate. I kind of wished her and Mackie had more of a love relationship in this book, because I am a total sucker for a great romance. They seemed to fight more than have any passion in love. All the same, I would recommend this to anyone.

The world under Gentry is very SHOCKING and UGLY.

Cover Art: It is because of the cover that made me want to read this book in the first place. Who would have ever thought of a knife and a pair of scissors hanging over a baby crib?? It is UGLY, deliciousness.

Reading Order:
The Replacement

1 comments:

Gina @ My Precious said...

This is a book I'd really like to get my hands on to read. I concur with your assessment of the cover - its totally cool and a big draw for wanting to read the book. Thanks for a unbiased, complimentary review. I enjoy your format and candidness.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...