Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, February 21, 2011

Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast

Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast

Released Date: May 1, 2007
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: Hardcover (320 pages)
Age Group: Young Adult
Series: House of Night #1
Genre: Fantasy
Author Website: http://www.pccast.net/
Overall Rating: (3 out of 5 stars)

Description: The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed.  In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change.  Not all of those who are chosen do.  It’s tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling.  She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.  But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers.  When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

Book Trailer:
There is currently not a book trailer available.

Memorable Quotes:

"Actually, since I'm gay I think I should count for two guys instead of just one. I mean, in me you get the male point of view and you don't have to worry about me wanting to touch your boobies."
"Zoey Montgomery! Night has chosen thee; thy death will be thy birth. Night calls to thee; hearken to Her sweet voice. Your destiny awaits you at the House of Night!"
"I'm going to remember this, I told myself sternly. I'm going to remember how awful they made me feel today. So when I'm scared and alone and whatever else is going to happen to me starts to happen, I'm going to remember that nothing about be as bad as being stuck here. Nothing."

"The problem, of course, was that turning into a monster was the brighter of my two choices. Choice Number 1: I turn into a vampyre, which equals a monster in just about any human’s mind. Choice Number 2: My body rejects the Change and I die. Forever. So the good news is that I wouldn’t have to take the geometry test tomorrow."

My Musings: I was not the biggest fan of this book. It is hard for me to say that about a vampire book, but I felt the content was very childish for the age group that it was targeting. There were many moments where the scenes were so ridiculous that I had to laught out loud. It seemed like the author tried to use popular culture and failed at it.

The main character, Zoey Redbird, seemed to be very annoying from start to finish.
Cover Art:  I like the cover. It has a very mysterious feel to it.

Reading Order:
Marked
Betrayed
Chosen
Untamed
Hunted
Tempted
Burned
Awakened
Destined
Untitled House of Night #10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...